Monday, February 3, 2014

Love Without Fear

Love: Thoughts From a Studying Missionary

3rd of February 2014
I have always been very interested in the dynamics of people and their interactions with each other. With Valentines Day drawing near, I have been thinking about love. Love is not an easy thing. Some people would even say it simply isn't worth the work. Period. But I found something worth reading in my study today that might make you think differently about becoming a master at the art of love...

In the past I have known and even experienced different cases in which love was shied away from because of the fear of getting hurt or of even hurting someone else. Now I'm not talking romantic relationships necessarily, but even friendships have been tainted or dulled because of fear to open up to someone. Fear of love. Isn't that a silly concept? A scripture I have been drawn to recently is 1 John 4 where it says "There is no fear in love," & "He that feareth in not made perfect in love." Weird, if perfect love casts out fear, then we should probably be trying to figure out how to open our hearts a little bit more.

Christ speaks in D&C 6:36 and says "Look unto me in every thought, doubt not fear not."
Charity is the pure love of Christ...
So basically, he that is charitable and kind, the same is becoming more perfect in Christ and growing a better understanding of Him and our Heavenly Father. And that leads me back to 1 John 4:8, "He that loveth not knoweth not God, for God is love."

If God is love, how do we make Him a larger part of our relationships? How do we strengthen the people we love through God?

No comments:

Post a Comment